1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from
that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in
conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s
possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of
personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the
2. Who are we?
Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Merseyside Region is the data controller
(contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is
processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Merseyside Region complies with its
obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by
storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining
excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss,
misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that
appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
• To inform you of events, activities and services running at Deeper
Christian Life Ministry, Merseyside Region;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed
about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about
the church’s events.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will
only be shared with authorised members of the church in order to carry
out the assignment of contacting you for church events or activities. We
do not share your data with third parties.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the law for up
to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and other
church records (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following
rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Deeper
Christian Life Ministry, Merseyside Region holds about you;
• The right to request that the Deeper Christian Life Ministry,
Merseyside Region corrects any
personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no
longer necessary for Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Merseyside Region
to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or
processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by
this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice
explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting
out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever
necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the
first instance contact the
Pastor (Dr) Ayo Akinsanya
Deeper Life Bible Church
Centre of Excellence Solway Street East (off Lodge Lane) Toxteth,
Liverpool L8 0TY
Tel: 0151 709 4670